Friday 25 February 2011

Sketches, exams and wummin's tennis!

Well its been a fairly busy time of late, as I'm studying away on my IT apprenticeship program with Whitebox Digital, and I will be resitting my A+ Certification exam(s) this Thursday coming, well one of them, as I previously sat these exam 6 years ago.  But since then there's been alot of updates so I needed to retake the course, so hoping to get a pass next week, otherwise its £64 I'll need to fork out to resit it!

Other news is due to my studying its not managed to leave much time for the acting side of things, but I will be performing a Monty Python sketch, the argument clinic one, with fellow Ramshorn member Will Spiers at the Ramshorn's comedy a la carte next Sunday.  So far we've had one rehearsal and it was great fun, but the sketch is a tricky one due to the rapid back and forth nature of the dialogue, but the scene is pretty much in my head, it just remains to just batter it out amongst ourselves.  It will be fun just hoping we do great job, which we should (we will, Will!).  I also recently auditioned for Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy at the Ramshorn as well, unfortunately I didn't get a part in it, but I guess you can't win them all.  Rather disappointing as I've been a fan of the show for years and me and my friend Stephen recorded a version of it years ago when we were both teenagers.  Ironically I also had some people actually tell me I would be perfect for the part of Arthur Dent, but I guess I lost out to the "favourites", but that's the way it goes, regardless it should be a good fun show and I'll look forward to seeing next month.

Finally onto my latest crazed addiction, which is nothing other than the tennis, in fact my addiction has reached to the extent I am now watching the women's tennis as well.  And I'm pleased to say its pretty much as good as the men's tennis, admittedy the fact they only play the best of 3 sets in Grand Slams is actually irrelevant, as 3 set matches can last almost as long as 5 setters at a real push, as Francesca Schiavone and Svetlana Kunetsova's match during in the Australian Open proved, as it lasted nearly 5 hours!  Also unfortuantely due to Eurosport only covering the women's tennis, I can't watch the men's unless I had Sky Sports but I guess in a way its no big deal.

While the men's players have some true greats such as Federer, Nadal and Djokovic and Murray, the women's tennis also has some real greats just now, such as Kim Clijsters, Francesca Schiavone, Jelena Jankovic, and my current fav Vera Zvonareva (pretty nice she is too!).  In fact I've been watching the ladies open at Qatar all week and its been pretty good overall, but Vera's games have been the real highlights, especially her great 3 hour long quarter final yesterday with Huntachova, and today's semi with Jelena Jankovic.  Unfortunately the one woman's player I'm not as impressed with or frustrated with is the current number 1 Caroline Wozniacki, while she is a great player, I get frustrated at how one-sided alot of her matches are.  I guess its good to see a great player play really well, but she breezes through alot of her matches too easily, it would be better to see her get challenged more, but alot of the player's seem to fold under her game.  It just makes the match more disappointing and boring to watch, Vera plays her in the final tomorrow at Qatar, but no doubt Wozniacki will beat her, but I hope Vera gives her a mighty hard time in the process.

Acchh anyway that's enough for one posting, later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment