Saturday 27 November 2010

Nerve shredding tennis

This year I have really got into watching Tennis, as a sport on TV, nothing comes close to it,when you get a great game its just totally electrifying to watch.

And today I was totally on edge today watching Nadal and Murray go at it for a battle to win the semi-finals of the ATP World Finals 2010 in London O2 arena today.  Funnily enough I was expecting Murray to at least get a tiebreaker in the first set and then lose the second set, but it was great to see the young Murray take the 2nd set from Nadal, who up until then seemed invicible, but it was great to see him put under such pressure to perform (not in a bad way of course, Rafa is a good fellow).  And to see Murray go hammer and tongs with Nadal for a full 3 hours was nothing short of magnificent, finishing with a score of 6-7, 6-3, 6-8, he should be gutted but totally proud of what he achieved today, as I sure am.  So Murray may be out but he surely won't hopefully be down, having achieved 666 today, you can't ask for more, except for winning but ah well, he was up against the world number 1, but he played him like he was world number 2.  It was the best thing I've seen on TV in a while. 

So the next semi final between Djokovic and Federer is on tonight, sadly I don't have Sky Sports, so I'll just need to follow the updates on the BBC website, I'm sure that will be a great game too.  So tomorrow should make for a great finale whoever wins tonight.  

No comments:

Post a Comment