Friday 25 November 2011

An actual job, whoddaa thunk it???!!

Well some good news to post to myself as this week I went for an interview with Virgin Media out in Airdrie, and after a group assessment, I got news back that I passed, and then I got another call asking if I would like to come in and do a test for another job, which is more techy based.  So on Wednesday there I went back over to Airdrie, took the IT tech test, which was basically 10 questions, 2 or 3 of which were pretty tricky, and today I finally got word that I passed the test, and I can start on Monday!!!

So very good news, as it will be the first proper job I will (or attempt to at least!) hold down since Clydebank College, as Whitebox Digital was only for 6 months it doesn't quite count.  So I'm looking forward to getting started, the only snag though is the location, as its out in Airdrie, its not exactly close by for me.  But the train ride is quite direct so that's so much a problem, although there is quite a long walk to the actual building (which is owned by the company Teleperformance) from the station, so all in all it might take me about 1 hour and 10 minutes to get to the front door, also getting up early in the morning is bound to be a bit of a killer, as there are shift patterns, with two shifts between 8am and 4pm and 2pm to 10pm (so I will get both extreme ends of the spectrum!).  So naturally it will take some getting used to, and my body clock will be well out of kilter for a while. 

But on the upside it is a job in IT, which is something I've been trying to get into for ages, and another plus is that there is no strict dress code, so I can go in casually dressed (no nipple tassels allowed I'm sure though!).  It will also be good to be back in paid employment again, although it will be a bit duff having to wait a full month before I get any wages!  (no advances of course lol!).  However it is a real opportunity to finally get my foot in the door and get some experience in the industry, so I'll see how it goes from here.

So I might as well try and enjoy my last weekend of freedom before I start the early morning rises, which means I will need to get to bed early from now on (after midnight will be no more during the week :-(). 

Aaaaaannnnd well there is not much more to say than that so more will follow once I get a feel for the job and what its like, although I will try not to say too much just in case.

OK the end. 

1 comment:

  1. Dont suppose you could tell me whatthe questions were as i have a similar test to take tomorrow

    ReplyDelete