Sunday 6 November 2011

Ahhh resits resits....

So I've got my Microsoft Windows 7 Configuration 70-680 exam resit coming up again this week so I'm hoping this time to get a pass.  Whether or not I do is another matter, but I have been going over some next study materials given out by our tutor and by some of the guys in the class who have been downloading other study stuff (such as practice questions, which hopefully may turn up in the exam???). 

But I have to say I have been really disappointed and annoyed at Microsoft in how they make up their exams and the official study guides they release, which I said before are next to useless in guaranteeing you a pass.  To pass you have to use several different study guides and sources, as I found straight away in one of the other books such as Microsoft Self-Paced Training Kit, it contained so much more information that was not in the official Microsoft guide we were given.  I also have been using other books and sources, so I hope this time I can at least scrape by and get a pass, although a really good pass of 800+ would be great, as the score system for the exam is out of 1000 marks I think. 

However if I fail the exam this time I'm not sure what I will do after this, if I should consider just giving up the course and doing something else, but I guess I will worry about that one when I come to it.  Its the same for everyone else in the class too, as six of us have already failed the exam, but this time I do at least feel I am going into it a bit more prepared and with a more positive attitude (even if it is positive ignorance! ;-)).

The other problem though of course I have found with IT in the past is getting the work experience, and regardless of how many courses you do, unless you get that foot in the door, the qualifications don't mean as much.  So whether or not I will be able to get any IT work experience as a result of this course remains to be seen, and one of the guys in the course has already managed to get a job, which involves travelling by car.  I also have a driving licence myself but I don't have a car, and I'm not so confident on the road as yet, so when it comes to travelling IT jobs, it would be a barrier to travel.  But if there was any chance I could end up getting a cosy IT office job then that would better than travelling around!

But first things first, the resit is on Wednesday morning so I will keep the studying going for now, and see how it turns oot on the day.  So more will follow on Wednesday, here's hoping....

No comments:

Post a Comment