Saturday 19 March 2011

Acting and guess what? Yep, tennis!!!

OK acting first cos my tennis paragraphs always are bigger, and yes I know its become a real obssession of me, or OTD if you like, but I'll try make the tennis one a bit shorter (well no one is reading this anyway, that I know if that is!).

So yesterday I helped Richard Pears, who of course directed Abigail's Party and The Glass Menagerie in the Patter Merchants drama group, with filming a short coporate video for a friend of his Del Shields, who works for Dell (Del of Dell eh?).  The video I think is about trying to make Dell sales people or staff to be aware of the customer's needs when it comes to IT solutions in their business, and I was a plumber with a small business looking to expand, and in the next scene I am dressed as a businessman (still the plumber) who's business has grown.  Now this video all in all wouldn't be more than 5 minutes in total, but by heck it was one tough shoot for me, since I've not done any acting in front of the camera before (although it was just a wee digicam).  I wasn't so worried about the camera being there, morely about trying to remember my lines!! As every time I got to a certain paragraph or sentence I lost the thread, so it was a case of one hundred takes at least (well maybe not quite but couldn't be far off!).  All in all it took over four hours for me to be able to finally deliver all the stuff Richard needed, so it was the toughest thing by far I've done in acting yet!  Despite that it was fun to do and a good challenge to finally do some acting in front of the camera, so best of luck to Del and Richard with their video, I might end up on TV yet (big gulp!!!).

Anyway onto the tennis with the ATP/WTA Indian Wells Masters now into the semi finals for the ATP and the soon the upcoming finals for the WTA.  First the ATP which saw the first quarter finals get under way with Novak Djokovic taking on Richard Gasquet, who gave Djoky a little bit more trouble than his previous opponents, with a straigh sets defeat of 6-2 6-4, but it was still as comfortable win for Novak.  And in the other quarter final Roger Federer successfully took on his fellow Swiss friend Stanislas Wawrinka, whom he comfortably defeated in straight sets 6-3 6-4, ironically his game took just over an hour, as Djoky's took 1 hour 35 minutes!  So that sets up a very intruiging semi final between Fed and Djok, with the odds stacked in Djokovic's favour I have to say since he's beaten Federer in their last two meetings but who knows.  Also Nadal faces next the resurging Del Potro, which could be a very tough match for Nadal, infact this could be one of the most exciting matches of the tournament if it goes the distance, it also could be a replay of the US Open 2009 if Del Potro beats Nadal and Federer makes it into the final.  If so could Del Potro win this time too??  We'll see.

Onto the the WTA, Caroline Wozniacki again comfortably breezed through to the finals against Maria Sharapova, winning in 6-1 6-2, much as I appreciate Wozniacki's skill, her one sided matches can be boring to watch as she doesn't have enough tight matches to really challenge her.  Marion Bartoli is set to take her on in the final, but as I remember in Dubai, Wozniacki steamrolled over her, which means this could be another quick Wozniacki demolition job, which could make for another one sided match, I hope not cos it would be great to see Bartoli really take her on.  But we shall see. 

Right that is enough for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment