Monday 21 March 2011

Third time's a charm?

OK I must really change the title of this blog to Tennis Bloggy Blog Blog, as its just about the only thing I natter about on it!  But I won't change it. 

Well I made a mistake as I thought the Sony Ericcson Open Masters in Miami started next week, its actually this week.  So it starts as usual with the qualifying rounds before the big players come in, so nothing to write home about yet.

But I thought I would say a bit more about our side of the fence's number 1, Andy Murray, or Rusty Murray as he was nicknamed on Wikipedia (his article was hacked of course!).  As we know after his finals defeat at the Aussie Open, his singles tennis has been far from kind to him, he has fared better in doubles with his brother Jamie, but his main area of expertise is really lacking just now.  Its a worry frankly, but I'm hoping he can pull his finger out and regroup for the Miami tournament, but with Novak Djokovic winning everything in sight so far, its going to be virtually impossible for him to take back this title like he did two years ago (against Djoko no less!).  But even if he can pull it together to win a few matches, and get himself to the quarters or even semi final then it would give Murray a boost to his singles game, which it desparately needs right now.  Again its really a case Murray putting the defeats out of his mind and getting on with the present, and if he does that he will do well this year, although not as well as the Djoker, but you can't win em all!  I noticed that Murray will be playing another unseeded qualifying player Alex Bogomolov in his 2nd round bye, will he allow himself to make the same mistakes this time? Hopefully not, Murray should have by now tried to take stock of what is going wrong in his game and try to sort it out, but again upsets of all kinds can happen in these tournaments. 

Anyway I wish Andy the best of luck for this tournament, as I don't want to see him go out at the first hurdle again.  So as the title of this post says, will the third time be a charm?  Hope so for Murray's sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment