Tuesday 15 March 2011

Bugsy, wee bit a acting and more tennis!

Not feeling so well today think I picked up some kind of bug (its hard to know just what bugs they are!), as I had an upset stomach earlier on, I feel a bit better now but my head still feels not quite right, so I think I will stay off work tomorrow.  Unfortunately that means I will need to cancel my exam for the A+ Practical Applications course, which I was hoping to get out of the way, but I guess needs must and its better to sit and pass it when I feel better.

On the acting side things are a bit busier again as I've got a part in a play coming up with the theatre group Estrado, as they are putting on an adaptation of playwright Jim Cartwright's play Road.  Road was originally based in Thatcher's England back in the 80s and how the lives of the unemployed felt totally disaffected by the government.  Its a big cast with over 35 people in it, so I'm very much looking forward to taking part in it, as I will be playing the part of McVay, a nosy cantankerous neighbour, probably much like a younger version of Mr Heckles from Friends (except he has a wife of course and is probably much dimmer).  But anyway rehearsals will start very soon so it should be fun.  Also I will be helping out my ol Patter Merchants director, Richard Pears with a short coporate video he's making for a friend, so I've to do that hopefully this Friday, which will make my first foray into acting in front of the camera. Yikes!  Just hope I feel better enough to do it by then.

Finally onto more tennis coverage, I've been watching it once again.  There have been quite a few good matches, a few upsets along the way too lately.  Robin Soderling for example was knocked out yesterday by the German player Philipp Kholschreiber, today Jelena Jankovic the defending champion for the ladies title has been knocked out by fellow-ess Serbain Ana Ivanovic, and finally Kim Clijsters has retired from the tournament due to a shoulder injury while playing Marion Bartoli.  But one man who is almost certain to win this tournament and in the singles matches hasn't even dropped a set yet is Novak Djokovic.  To say that Djokovic has been on form ever since his victory at the Australian Open is an understatement, I've never seen Djoky play so confidently or aggressively since before this year.  His last two matches at Indian Wells has seen him utterly crush his opponents, with his latest win over Ernests Gulbis he steamrolled over him with a 6-0 6-1 win and the same again against his doubles partner and compatriot Victor Troicki in 6-0 6-1.  I think its a safe bet that Djokovic might take the Indian Wells title, but it remains to be seen, he will overcome Federer I'm sure, but he might end up playing Rafa in the final or even the returning to form Del Potro, although Djoky is playing so well I don't think Del Potro would upset him too much, whatever way it goes it will interesting to see how it turns out. 

And that's enough for noow.

No comments:

Post a Comment